PUPIL PREMIUM GRANT FUNDING 2022/23
|Total PPG budget
|Number of PPG pupils
Our intent is to identify and address challenges to success and wellbeing so that every child has the opportunity to fulfill their potential and progress well from their individual starting point.
As a small school at the heart of its community, staff pride themselves in knowing all children as individuals and as such are able to tailor the provision to meet their changing needs. As a result we ensure that every child reaches their full potential in a happy and welcoming environment.
We recognise that not all children who receive free school meals will be socially disadvantaged and that not and children that are disadvantage receive free school meals. Therefore we endeavour to allocate our pupil premium funding to support any child in the school that is identified as being socially disadvantaged.
What are the main challenges to achievement for disadvantaged pupils at Doddinghurst Junior School?
- Previous slow progress
- Family engagement in Education
- Difficulties with mental health and wellbeing
- Lack of opportunities for trips and clubs
What are our key strategies to address these challenges at Doddinghurst Junior School?
- Consistent quality first teaching
- Educational software which supports and consolidates learning
- Tuition for those who need additional support in phonics, literacy or maths
- Support with homework for selected pupils
- Well being and learning mentor support
- Training in Trauma Perceptive Practice for all staff
- Enrichment activities.
- Pupil Premium Review DJS 2019-20
- Pupil Premium Statement DJS 2021-22
- Pupil Premium Strategy DJS 2019-20
- Pupil Premium Strategy DJS 2020-21